AHH, What to Do

Not sure what I was thinking, but I think I cut this head too deep. I'm worried about the angle the strings will have to take after going over the nut. Does it matter as far a sound? Any suggestions on how to fix?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Bingo! this is what I have been looking at. I have the piece, doesn't match perfectly because the width of the band saw Blade is gone, but I think I can make it un-noticeable. Thanks for the inputs.

Thomas Thoune said:
    I agree with everyone else. You could glue a piece of wood on the top of the headstock and then cut a section off the back to bring it up. If you saved the chunk you cut off the top it would work perfect. Just another idea. Good luck. I have had those oh what was I thinking moments. ;0)
  • I agree with the rest.I wouldnt over think it at this point.You can always throw a couple of screws at it if they want to slip up too far.
  • i think you will get away with it , but i would consider movin the fretboard back so the nut sits on the neck rather than the fretboard
    juju.
  • It'll be fine I reckon, but if ya worried, try and place the tuners as far away from the body end as possible (ie to the right in your pics) so that the string angle is reduced as much as possible :o)
  • It does not matter as far as sound is concerned. The only issue is that it might cause the strings to bind at the bridge which interferes with tuning.

But yours looks fine. Don't worry about it.
This reply was deleted.