I bought a Guitar Fuel preamp kit, which I want to use to drive a speaker. The blurb on this ebay item Page says you can easily add an extra 9V battery, but I cannot find instructions on how to do so. Can anyone advise me on how to do so? I just thought I'd ask here first, but I must add that guitar fuel are most helpful with this sort of thing before anyone gets the wrong idea about them. 

All the best from Bill. :D

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Looked at the GF description & looks like you have to by the upgraded board that runs on higher voltage to use the 2 battery setup. The preamp is designed to operate between 6 and 22v. But as is, in the basic form, 9v is appropriate.

One thought, you mentioned this was to drive a speaker. A reasonably priced amp board would do better. Both in signal/sound quality but also able to drive large speakers much better than a preamp alone.

• Oops -- preamp... Should run forever on a 9v, though some circuits you can install in the guitar and run on power over the guitar cable... Google Tillman FET preamp...
    • Okay, Thanks guys.
      All the best from Bill. :D
This reply was deleted.