While looking up used electrics on eBay, I came across an odd sight... a Cigar Box Guitar! What in the world...? I had to find out what this was all about. Anyhow, after seeing videos on Youtube, I was sold. I had to make one. So this past week, I constructed my first (pics to come) and have even gotten a good sound out of it. I will describe it later when I have the pics, but tell ya this thing is gonna be great when its finished. I might even put in a piezo pickup. dunno. Right now, I have put on a few coats of clear polyU and have stained some of the parts. I will need to come up with a better construction order (paint this first, glue that next, etc) but overall, its coming along nicely. Anyhow, Ya'll in the SC area (I see a few) give us a shout out. Let me know where you find the best boxes, hardware, stuff.... -Wes

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This hobby will grab ya! Got me for sure and I don't even know how to play! Welcome
  • Heh he he he he he. She's a guitar widow and soon to be a CBG widow ;-)

Thanks.

Roger Martin said:
    Iggy, NOW you've gone anad done it!
    Thank your poor wife ahead of time for putting up with your new found addiction.
    Advise her that theres no known cure.
    Enjoy the idea of looking at everything thinking that that odd box or contraption might make a CBG.......
    But,we're all on your side.
  • Iggy, NOW you've gone anad done it!
    Thank your poor wife ahead of time for putting up with your new found addiction.
    Advise her that theres no known cure.
    Enjoy the idea of looking at everything thinking that that odd box or contraption might make a CBG.......
    But,we're all on your side.
  • Welcome to CBG building, enjoy!
  • Hey Wes. Welcome to your new addiction :o)
This reply was deleted.