At a Christmas event, we played bingo, and I won a DVD and a popcorn tin. Has anyone ever built anything with these? My brother-in-law and I are planning on building, and I'm thinking of using the tin. My next question is does anyone have any plans/instructions for a simple washboard guitar/Dudley bow? Last question. Does anyone have any ideas for these boxes? I was thinking of making one a uke. Thanks.

IMG_1157.PNG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1158.PNG

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think that wood toned box would make a handsome uke! THat big tin has some possibilities, maybe a bass? Like a washtub bass with one string and lever type neck?

• I was thinking an upright bass canjo. Build it in a way to sit either on the floor between my legs, in my lap, or on a table. The lever neck is a possibility, too. When you talk about the wood toned box, is it the one with the picture on it? If so, when I first saw it, it SCREAMED uke.
  • Here is a Washboard CBG I made up for a friend - he likes it !!306602822?profile=original

• Plans/instructions?
  • Smaller boxes make good 1 string diddley bows... or take a 7545r preamp and build it pedal-style...
This reply was deleted.