Christmas 2012 will be here before you know it!

Shane Speal and Dan Sleep have organized the Christmas album in previous years, Dan asked me if I would like to help coordinate it for this year!  (-:

For any of the new folks here on the Nation, we have compiled a yearly album of songs played, composed and sung by our members.

The primary requirement is that the recording be of good quality, for example, If you are singing, we want to be able to hear your voice! 

The 2009 Christmas album contained 23 songs, 2010 Christmas contained 40 songs, 2011 contained 18 songs. More songs is not necessarily better, but we really don't have a limit on the number of songs we can include.

There has been a tremendous response to CB Nation collab projects this year, let's top the year off with with a

CRACKER CHRISTMAS ALBUM! 

The amazing Artwork for the album cover has again been generously donated by Thomas Boatwright ...!

You can submit a cover of a traditional ("non copyrighted") song, or you can do something you wrote/composed yourself.

Please respond in this thread if you would like to participate!

...and include the song that you would like to have included in the album. Once we have the final album compiled, it will be posted as a free download, and anyone will be able to download it. So, you will be able to pass the links along to your friends and family!

Members' names and songs will be published here on this header,  completed MP3 files can be emailed to me at....

Download presentation page is currently being prepared, watch for further details!

IT'S READY!

http://www.cigarboxnation.com/forum/topics/2012-cigar-box-nation-ch...

Views: 4155

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks Robert, will pick it up tonight (-:

...°<[:-) [---]==={...

ho ho ho... my friends...

I'm not sure i submited "non copyrighted" songs... maybe have to change those 2 old songs i love?

"Merry Christmas Baby"

(original 1947 version by Johnny Moore's Three Blazers...)

"Santa Claus is back in town"  

(written by Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller and was the opening track of the 1957 Elvis' Christmas Album. The song has become a rock and roll Christmas standard.)

Please tell me...°<[:-) [---]==={...

Phillip, DO ask Steve, but far as I know, if copyright material used, we can't pass on link to album on open sites, to friends  etc, as UK copyright laws forbid this. I would have LOVED to do White Christmas for album(by coincidence, just uploaded a video of this 30 mins ago), but ruled it out due to copyright.

DO ask Steve, but think Steve would prefer you to do non copyright stuff. If this saves you some time, you're welcome, ma man :)

Hi Jamie...

yes i want to respect all important rules and law... I wasn't born in 1947 or 1957... i though these 2 songs were old enough to be copyright free...but i didn't find anything on Internet about them... so i'm going to compose my own melody, write my own lyrics, changing titles and sing again, recording my own tune using my tracks...my play is always so far from all originals because i didn't want to make a copy but just give something really new as good as i can... (my copyright is born...no no no no only for funny use)

be sure I'll use my perfect english again you know i pronounce words as well as i write them (lol)...

Thank you very much Jamie i'm sad to have to "forget to remember" my favorite songs... but i got the blues so it will be better... who said no?

...°<[:-) [---]==={...

Cheers Philip. I was butting in to let you know position , as was not sure when you would get a hold of Steve :) copyright a grey area sometime , different rules different countries even.But as Steve says, Elvis material pretty much all copyright for now.
Good luck with new song for album Phillip. I am sure it will be a good one :)

Thank you very much Jamie... i play always seriously but only for fun...i'm curious to hear all nice songs mixed by my brothers...waiting for your "Silent Night"...°<[:-))))))) [---]==={...

:)

i think Elvis would be copyrighted Phillip )-:

if i send copyrighted songs up to Dan Sleep or Ben Gitty they may ask they be left off the album, so make sure!

ah ah ah YYYYeeeePPP.... Wait few hours Steve... i m going to reserve all rights just have to phone ELVIS to buy them tomorrow...OOOOpppps... wHo saiD he s dead?...OK ok ok that all right Mum...

Forget MP3 i sent, i 'll change my songs... creating 2 news, using existing tracks and changing melody and lyrics...

I found this :

What makes a song Public Domain?
Any song written before 1923 is in the Public Domain and does not require licensing for any use. One exception is sound recordings, where Public Domain status is handled differently from songs (compositions). Currently no sound recordings are in the Public Domain in the United States. Also, publishers often copyright new arrangements of Public Domain works. Even if the song itself is Public Domain, if you play from a copyrighted sheet music arrangement, you need permission...

BUT I DON'T KNOW READ NOTES ON SHEET MUSIC...°<[:-))))--]==={...

sounds great RTZ, volume may need increasing a bit but nice and clear (-: 

Thanks RTZ... About a sheet music...i never use it...

Now i'm sure your "Christmas (jingle) Bells" sound sweetly...

...tone of tunes is an important question... too much loud or not enough...about treble or bass tone, i spend long time mixing, trying to use many different sound systems...I imagine it's not easy for Slowpaw Steve to tell us the right way for the best set up...

Hey Steve, You are doing a big stuff !!!!... °<[:-))))))) [---]==={...

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Busking Songs...

Started by Nomad Jack in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by J. D. Woods on Wednesday. 7 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Southern Ray commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

" I was gonna say, "Sweeeeeeeeeet" as well, but that was taken. Very nice. I too love…"
6 hours ago
Southern Ray replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
" Any other questions, just ask. "
6 hours ago
Southern Ray replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
" Hello JD, welcome. I'm a fifty year failed six-string player that got into building and…"
6 hours ago
BrianQ. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
10 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

"Burn baby burn! Top looks hot Crazed; sporty headstock too. Excellent build."
10 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Ghostbuttons's photo
Thumbnail

Four projects

"You are a busy guy Warren! Outstanding builds and each one unique; well done."
10 hours ago
AGP # commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

""Sweeeeeeeeet", love the burning on the Body, have a Build on the Bench at the moment,…"
11 hours ago
AGP # liked Crazed Fandango's photo
11 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
12 hours ago
Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Often quite true Uncle John :) -Glenn"
14 hours ago
Gary O'slide posted videos
15 hours ago
Uncle John commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Ha, Ha.  Less is more."
15 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->