I'm trying to wire up my 3rd CBG. Every diagram I have come across for humbuckers has a switch connected. Can I skip the wire and do it like a jazz bass? It looks like I need a third Pot which is totally doable, but I'd rather skip the switch if possible? What do you guys think?

Can I wire it like this / can I skip the 3rd pot?

http://www.buzzardsbass.com/electronics/wiring/diagrams/jazz-bass-std.jpg

Also, I'm up for wiring one humbucker, and one piezzo. What are your preferences?

You need to be a member of Cigar Box Nation to add comments!

Join Cigar Box Nation

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  Yes your diagram is fine if your using mag pups but the tone won't work with a piezo , you could lose the tone pot and add a blend pot , just have one vol and a blend pot that way you could use one humbucker and a piezo  , there are 2 types of blend pot , one is front pup middle pos is 100% both pups and right round the other way the other pup , and the other type is the same but middle pos is 70% both pups .

• Go to Seymour Duncan's web site.  They have printable and easy-to-read circuit diagrams for every configuration you can think of.

• I looked at their stuff, and all of their 2-humbucker diagrams have a switch in them. I'm wondering if it's possible to skip the switch.

• yes, can omit the switch, instead using two volume pots and one tone pot...Karma is right, SD has diagrams

This reply was deleted.