I am just catching up on posting although the pace is crazy. Not much time for reflection and determining if my next action will work or not. Speaking of.
I had the painters give me some raw tint to put int paint, was suppose to be good for water based and oil paint. It didn't seem to like the wipe on poly and instead of mixing stayed as mini globules as I mixed it. I went with it anyway , first doing a yellow coat and then when dry doing an halo orange coat. I could see it wasn't going to work, was not sure how I was going to get my sunburst. I stripped the paint off and started over. Instead of mixing the tint with poly I added water to the tint and applied it to the guitar. When dry I wiped on a layer of poly, did the same thing for the orange and black coats. I sure hope this was going to work as it is Thursday and I have till Saturday afternoon to get the guitar finished. I asked my brother to take pictures of it then.
While paint dried I continued on with the cover plate. I should have used a smaller drill bit to drill out the numbers, live and learn. Definitly a hand made look, need to figure out what paint to use on it also. Gluing the 'handle' of the cover. Using flamed maple for it also.
That is all for now, a bucket full of work to do this morning.