As of 1 hour ago I have officially completed my FIRST EVER build.
The last time I built literally anything was when I made a box as part of my technology GCSE coursework - a box with countless nails sticking out and faux-fur matted with black paint. A box that broke no less than 4 industrial staplers and a saw in order to complete. A box that has meant I have been labelled as someone with no craft ability for about 13 years!!
I started on 08/11/17, and worked a couple hours every Wednesday with some help from my dad.
Before and after:
Neck - some sort of hardwood.
Body - Habanos Romeo y Julieta
It's got dual piezo's stuck in and it sounds pretty sweet through my crappy old amp. Will be testing it fully tomorrow when my sisters ain't sleeping.
Tried my hand at pyrography - never even seen a pyrography set before, but I've burnt on the frets and some logos here and there.
The action was too high originally, but I switched out the nut for something smaller and now it can be played - more or less - slide and fingered, which is pretty cool.
There's some imperfections, but all in all I think it went pretty well. I've got 4 more boxes, loads of neck-wood, and 1 more set of strings, so I'll hopefully be starting #2 fairly soon - gotta finish my Les Paul (copy) kit first!
Going to try and figure out how to play slide and record video as soon as possible!