Ok, so originally I had the hinge on top with the strings ran through it like a tailpeice. Problem was the break angle sucked on the bridge which required a wooden 1/8" shim under the bridge. This in turn raised the action which I didn't like. After scratching my head for a couple days I drilled the end of the neck block out, used 1/8" roll pins for string ferrules, and used the hinge to prevent the strings from biting into the wood. Sustain is much better, the volume improved, and best of all I managed to get rid of the bridge shim which lowered the action.
Started by Cause the Blue rat in Cool gear discussion - that's not cigar box related 5 hours ago. 0 Replies 0 Likes