Views: 170

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Those pics above don't come with my text--sorry.  It's got a nice, nasty, metallic, funky, bluesy sound.  I tune it E-b-e.  I play only slide on it.  Should I ever decide to put a pickup on it, what would be best?  Piezo?  Internal mike?  My concern with piezo is feedback. 

what some folks have done with license plate gits is put a mag pup on the side of the neck pointing at the sheet metal, picking up the resonator plate's vibrations as though that was the strings...

Okay--please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not sure what a mag pup is.  Internal mike?  And, when you say "on the side of the neck", do you mean inside the body?  Also, where do I find internal mikes?  StewMac?  Thanks!

If your main concern is feedback , I think the piezo would be less prone than the mic.

This is a type of magnetic pick up. There are many different configurations of it. You may be able to to use a flat one right on top. I think they call them flatpup. pick ups. Quite thin.

Flatpup or Rod Piezo.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation?How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Amp circuits

Started by Joe Williams in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Milt Haselmire 7 hours ago. 3 Replies

First build in years.

Started by Cause the Blue rat in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Cause the Blue rat 10 hours ago. 61 Replies

Lace pickup prints

Started by Andries D. EKER in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Andries D. EKER 12 hours ago. 27 Replies

String gauge guid for open tuning.

Started by Cause the Blue rat in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Cause the Blue rat 16 hours ago. 15 Replies

Tuning

Started by Clyde B. Bumgarner in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans yesterday. 5 Replies

The Tremoloa - History's Weirdest Slide Guitar

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com in Feature Articles. Last reply by Don Randolph on Tuesday. 4 Replies

Music

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service