Anyone use them for fret markers, if so, what did you use to punch/cut them out with. I have a couple gits I'll be working on some resto/customs and they have a nice looking celluloid pick-guard and I'm going to make matching fret markers.

Thanks

Also, has anyone had success in buffing out minor scratches/scuffs in pick-gaurds?

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't done it, but I'd imagine a plug cutter would do the trick.  Or get super thin ones and use a regular ol' hole punch.

Yeah, you'll need a plug cutter for that. You can use a paper hole puncher on picks for fret markers.

Leather worker's hole punches.  I got both the rotary kind and the straight kind. The straight kind are also known as hollow punches for some reason. Got my set for $3 at the local $2shop

If they cut through with messing up the pickguard material, then that's a good option.

I'll look into them

I've got a set of plug cutters, I'll give them a try, just got to figure out how to hold the pick, maybe Elmer's glue to a flat piece of stock since I can break it loose easy enough afterwards.

Thanks everyone

Just tape it to a piece of scrap. You can pull the tape off after you have the plug. 

Thought tape might twist loose too easy, and start spinning

Hmmm... Doing some king of Jeffery Domer themed build? That's kind of weird. Can't really offer any advice there, sorry. But...

My wife once sat on my guitar and got fret marks in her cellulite.

So... kind of the opposite of what you're looking for. Anyway, yeah, there ya go... glad I could contribute something to the discussion.  :D

you just craaaaaaazy

Sometimes. 

Lol

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation?How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Love this Band

Started by Paul Craig in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Richard Dean 2 hours ago. 4 Replies

VIDEOS: How to Make Copper Wire Frets on a Cigar Box Guitar

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com in Feature Articles. Last reply by darryl kernaghan 14 hours ago. 5 Replies

VIDEO: Cigar Box Harp by Don Peddle

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com in Feature Articles. Last reply by JL yesterday. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

Music

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service