Please post pictures of your contest submissions here. Be sure to include any pertinent information about your instrument that you think others, including the judges, would enjoy knowing.

Good luck and good building!!!

Views: 29224

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Here is my entry. Mi Lola.  Thanks to Elmar for the great pick up.  The neck is made of black walnut and cherry.  Sounds heavenly.

Skeleton key and black walnut bridge.

Lola broke my heart. Vintage Milwaukee cigar box.

Cherry fretboard.   Wood-burned fret markers.

Cherry fretboard. 25 inch scale

I met Mi Lola in a dance hall in Barcelona.  She wore black.  My tuxedo was white. She promised to free my heart if I could play Spain's saddest song without shedding a tear. I faced down duende, inciting it to charge. Now I roam the earth, my tear-stained guitar in a burlap bag, eternally in search of...Mi Lola.

PapaSimone said:

Here is my entry. Mi Lola.  Thanks to Elmar for the great pick up.  The neck is made of black walnut and cherry.  Sounds heavenly.

Mike "Katfish" Karash offers...

El Rey Del Mundo “Caskgitar”, 3 string, open G

Through colonial times, and until the early 1900's, tobacco was shipped in hogshead barrels. After the cigars were rolled,  1,000 or more were packed back into a barrel for aging and shipment. J-R Cigars now offers aged cigars in a unique mini barrel/cask.

I've used a teak neck with an oak fretboard and corian nut, through bolted to the wooden cask with a 25 1/2” scale. The neck is finished with a semi-gloss polyurethane spar varnish. The face of the oak fretboard is unfinished, just oiled, with burned in fret markers. A disk piezo is epoxied on the cask, under the neck where the floating corian bridge rests. The piezo leads go directly to a 1/4” jack in the center of the cask bottom. The tailpiece is a picture hanger with the hook portion removed, and the strings through the nail guide holes, perfect spacing! Tuners are a 3X chrome classic style in the slotted headstock. The cask has a satin lacquer finish. Two antique brass screened 1/2” grommets give it it's acoustic voice, but it comes into it's own with a solid tone and great sustain through an amp. The demo is both acoustic, and through my iRig/iPhone/Amplitube rig (a guitar amp app in my iPhone!).

This compact, back to basics piece brings a lot of smiles and raised eyebrows when people see and hear it.

Sound demo at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sedf2-NDYHM

Sound demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sedf2-NDYHM

I used and extra large cigar box and the necks are made of poplar.
Brass hardware and tuning machines. I tune it to open G and open C.
It has a great tone and each neck sounds different. This is only my 8th build. I have recorded it in the studio on my version of "Blue Christmas" which I posted on my page. The unplayed neck vibrates sympathetically for a cool drone sound. Thanks for checking it out.

up for consideration is "Black Beauty" six string. Hoyo de monterray all wood box, laminated rock maple and honduran mahogany neck, bolivian mahogany fretboard fretted at 26" scale, african water buffalo nut, strat bridge--solid mounted, fender humbucker at the bridge, 500k volume and tone pots with .047 cap, sealed gear tuners.d'addario XL strings (10-46).

How you adding your pictures

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Busking Songs...

Started by Nomad Jack in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by J. D. Woods on Wednesday. 7 Replies

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Southern Ray commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

" I was gonna say, "Sweeeeeeeeeet" as well, but that was taken. Very nice. I too love…"
1 hour ago
Southern Ray replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
" Any other questions, just ask. "
1 hour ago
Southern Ray replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
" Hello JD, welcome. I'm a fifty year failed six-string player that got into building and…"
1 hour ago
BrianQ. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
5 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

"Burn baby burn! Top looks hot Crazed; sporty headstock too. Excellent build."
5 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Ghostbuttons's photo
Thumbnail

Four projects

"You are a busy guy Warren! Outstanding builds and each one unique; well done."
5 hours ago
AGP # commented on Crazed Fandango's photo
Thumbnail

Frethound 4 String

""Sweeeeeeeeet", love the burning on the Body, have a Build on the Bench at the moment,…"
6 hours ago
AGP # liked Crazed Fandango's photo
6 hours ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Are metal frets necessary?
7 hours ago
Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Often quite true Uncle John :) -Glenn"
9 hours ago
Gary O'slide posted videos
10 hours ago
Uncle John commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Ha, Ha.  Less is more."
11 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->