I'm sure I just answered my own question about tuners, but I am going to ask anyway. I have yet to build my 1st CBG, and I am getting my supplies together. I have been wondering if the economy tuners from CB Gitty will work for me. I am a guitar player and know first hand what its like to play with tuners that fall out of tune. I could step up to Hipshot tuners but by the time I do this, I will have more wrapped up in tuner costs that the guitar itself. So, what kind of experiences have you all had with these tuners and would you be able to recommend them or  a better option. Thanx to you all. 

Views: 646

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Jerry, good information, I will keep this in mind. happy leveling and G Day !

Hey Wizzo, I do not make guitars for sale. I do however make soap cutters. The wires are tightened using guitar tuners. Imagine if you will a giant egg slicer, my latest one went to South Africa. I buy my tuners in bulk from China. Anyway, if you want to improve the quality of your inexpensive tuners you remove the gear and repress it onto the shaft. You can find a tutorial for this on page 47 (I think)  of the Ray Jacobs free downloadable book " making a Ray Jacobs Rocky Mountain dulcimer" . This is printed by handprint press.com. You can easily find it by searching "make a ray Jacobs Rocky Mountain dulcimer" it will be the first one at the top of the page. Yes it is a good read. Hope this helps! Would love to see you first build!!! 

Page 42 and here's a link to the download if anyone's interested.

Rocky Mountain Dulcimer

Thanks Richard!!!

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation?How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Hidden Humbucker

Started by Jack Noller in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by the anonymous pick 6 hours ago. 2 Replies

How to Set Up a Seasick Steve 3-String Guitar

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com in Feature Articles. Last reply by Jeff 'Bones' Reilly 10 hours ago. 3 Replies

Sustain

Started by Swamp Dawg Primal Music in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by JL 13 hours ago. 20 Replies

Can’t find wiring for odd pickup

Started by Jon Leslie/Runaway Veal Music in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Korrigan on Saturday. 30 Replies

Resonator science

Started by Joe Williams in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Hal Robertson on Friday. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

Stephen Cohen posted a status
"this 2 String Guitar, which I made using bronze, wood, acrylics, guitar strings and tuning pegs, is a visual art piece, but it is playable."
11 minutes ago
Stephen Cohen posted a photo
14 minutes ago
Andries D. EKER commented on Andries D. EKER's video
Thumbnail

The HangMan A D Eker 2018

"Well Steve, its a program called Adobe Premiere Elements 2018, been looking for that some time, its…"
24 minutes ago
Jeff 'Bones' Reilly posted a photo

#2Parlour Progress

Mocked up Monday but on a Tuesday......
51 minutes ago
JB commented on Jim_in_Tucson's photo
Thumbnail

Swamp Punk Zen

"Sweet! I can dig it!!!"
1 hour ago
JB liked Jim_in_Tucson's photo
1 hour ago