We are organizing a CBG workshop held one Saturday a month at the 61 roadhouse & kitchen in Webster Groves MO. (St. Louis Area).  This is also the home to the St. Louis CBG festival each year.

Bill Kunz of 61 has been generous in offering us a place to meet, practice, discussed ideas and what ever members decide to do with the time. Gary Herget and myself are contacts for this club and are open to ideas to make this a fun club. As soon as we have commitment from members, we can set up a Saturday each month to meet mornings. We haven't set a day or start time as of yet. We need to know who can commit at least to a start up and discuss as a group when and how we want to run this. Possibilities are great!

Views: 9819

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is this open to beginners just learning to play?

The culb/workshop is for everyone at any level. I'm sure there will be plenty of help with both playing and other related stuff. 1st meeting is going to let us figure out what we need and want. So there will be a time where we sit down together and figure it out. As far as playing, all we need is a tempo add some willingness and we'll take it from there.

And here I thought we were getting together to learn Haydn's string quartet in D minor "Fifths". LOL Of corse that would leave me out because I can't read music.

We should be able to remix Beethoven.

We'll call it Beethoven's Unrecognizable Genius! Or officially,

Cigar Box Symphony #1 in E Minor. Op.1. Suite.

ONE WEEK!!!!

Scott W. Be great to jam with ya! Youtub is fine. But nothing like face to face jamming. Best way to go.

Now i really need to get out in the garage and put this thing together.

Reminder! We are scheduled to open doors on our club/workshop this Saturday @ 9:00 AM. held inside the Hwy61 roadhouse & Kitchen located in Webster groves MO.

OK, second reminder, set your alarms and get up early. The first meeting is in the morning and there's nothing more fun than playing and talking about CBG's on a Saturday morning.

See you there!!!!

Does anyone have a flat pickup they want to sell me..??  I'll be at the Hiway 61 Road House this morning.  Thanks.

Had a BLAST! It was great meeting everyone. Really looking forward to the next get together!

Hey Rat.  I really enjoyed it to,  Sorry I had to leave but my wife had shopping on her mind. I think we all were a little shy. I wished I had taken my guitar now. I would have liked to hear someone start playing and break the ice.

I WILL be there next month GUITAR  AND AMP IN HAND.  (after I work out a few tunes) One guy and his daughter  came from Columbia,MO. Over 100 miles.

Wish you could have stay a bit longer too Buddy. No soon afterward, everyone used Riches homemade amp and started collaborative jams around the room. I'm bringing Bill by a couple practice amps we can store there to use so I don't have to lug em around. We voted meetings on every third Saturday each month up on Hwy61 website. Next meet is March 22nd 9:00.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->