HI anyone got some f hole templates or any other fancy templates i could use?

Views: 31536

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone ever want these drawn "CAD-style", let me know. Send me a good hi res version and I can make PDF, AI (adobe Illustrator), EPS, hi res bitmaps, DWG/DXF, SVG, WMF, SWF, CGM, etc. or if you have any other templates/graphics you need in high quality format, I can do that. Message me.

-Wes

This is what i used on mine. I posted as a jpg, but I have it as an illustrator file if you want to change it up.
So glad to find this template! My son and I are making our first cigar box guitar as part of his science fair project. We both play ukulele, and he is a guitar player, too, so this will be a nice addition to our collection. Here's hoping it's the first of many. I am really excited about it. THANKS!
thanks I was just about to ask if anyone had one
Jonathan said:

This is what i used on mine. I posted as a jpg, but I have it as an illustrator file if you want to change it up.
Hey Mick. I know this is an old post, but I wanted to hopefully add to your post here. I live in Japan, and each family has a family crest called a mon or kamon. They are very beautiful designs that I am thinking of using for some of my sound hole designs in the future. Go to google images and do a search on the above (japanese kamon or japanese mon or japanese family crest designs) and you will see what I am talking about. Some are very simple, but others are very detailed. All could be cut into a box using a hand held drill with a small cutting bit. I was actually thinking about posting the images for folks on the site for ideas on the sound holes. Check it out.

Douglas
Yep I have found Google Images to be my Best Friend when looking for a sound hole design
Thinline telecaster, high res not sure where i found it.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6103/thinline.th.jpg

Morgs
I've looked for designs I like on the internet and than doen load, make the size I want and scrollsaw it. Tattoo designs are nice. Or draw what you want.

You should post some of your templates on the forum. That way folks could just print and use. The one in the pic looks good. D
Paul Doug said:
I've looked for designs I like on the internet and than doen load, make the size I want and scrollsaw it. Tattoo designs are nice. Or draw what you want.

Douglas, I'd do that if I had them but the this one I drew on a piece of paper (which is in the landfill now). The one I started for the next guitar is a rose and I had to down load an image, resize it with a photo editor, print it and than draw on it where I am going to cut (and not cut) when I use the scroll saw. They have to be sized for the size box you are using. It is one of the funest parts of making the guitar box to me, I like to use the scroll saw.
I agree i enjoy doing scroll work, and do the same as you I google image search what Im looking for and transfer it to the box..... I searched for a cool shark design and found this.....

I copied the design to my sound board on masking tape, then cut it out......

Then this is the results, right after I cut it out.......

Then after it was installed on the box I made.....

Folks its actually easier than you may think. Im not trying to be condensending at all. Just search for a image you may like. Print and copy the design to the material you are working with, then cut it out with the tools you have available Paul Doug said:
Douglas, I'd do that if I had them but the this one I drew on a piece of paper (which is in the landfill now). The one I started for the next guitar is a rose and I had to down load an image, resize it with a photo editor, print it and than draw on it where I am going to cut (and not cut) when I use the scroll saw. They have to be sized for the size box you are using. It is one of the funest parts of making the guitar box to me, I like to use the scroll saw.
Hey, good idea. Mandolin players call those long paired holes 'f holes' because they look like a cursive 'f'. This can be embarrasing when 2 players are discussing their f holes and someone overhears them.
I have only made round holes so far. Thanks to the templates, I may try something new.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Thx Doug, truly fun to create and use. Plugged into a stomp box, then amp, truly amazing little…"
2 hours ago
Glenn Kaiser commented on Glenn Kaiser's photo
Thumbnail

Less Paul by GK

"Thanks Doug, a joy to build. I'll play it tomorrow night in a show. -Glenn"
2 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"Truly amazing Randy! A stunning build. Craftsmanship at its finest…"
3 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Up the Hill A D Eker 2024

"I’m with Kale; the shaker sound nicely offsets the guitar groove… Cool Andries!"
3 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Glenn Kaiser's video
Thumbnail

GK less Paul Diddley Bow

"Love that outside the box thinking! Less Paul, more Glenn! You are having way too much fun…"
3 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Glenn Kaiser's photo
Thumbnail

Less Paul by GK

"Wow! Less Paul is definitely more Glenn!!! Simple and cool; a great combo."
3 hours ago
Bernie Edwards commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"The cherries make it really even more special!  Great project with a unique and special result!"
9 hours ago
Crazed Fandango replied to Rich Butters's discussion UK - Best Place to Buy Cigar Box's
10 hours ago
Crazed Fandango commented on David Woodman 's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0749

"Amazing!"
10 hours ago
Crazed Fandango liked David Woodman 's photo
10 hours ago
Crazed Fandango posted a photo
10 hours ago
Rich Butters posted a discussion

UK - Best Place to Buy Cigar Box's

Hi all, I am living in Thailand and building CBGs for about a year.  I will be returning to the UK…See More
12 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->