I’ve belonged to many internet forums from the early 90’s on. Everything from science to Paranormal investigation. I think I can honestly say I’ve seen it all. Well, in this case, read it all. Watched huge forums of 1000’s of active users vacate in a matter of days. Belonged to forums that were toxic and cruel. Been accused, verbally attacked and even come close to being banned a few times. Joined small forums and watched them grow into huge communities. I joined one at it’s beginning. Watched it grow into a mess of depressing posts. Then slowly die off. Been on a few that have always stayed small. Like going to see old friends. You know who’s going to be there. In all of this I’ve met a huge amount of great people. On line and in the real world. Been to conventions, talked in groups and even on the phone with them. In all this time I’d have to say this is the first time this has happened. 

It all started about three years ago. I joined a forum. Got my conformation email. And logged in. A new community of like minded people. New ideas and a place to share mine as well. Now it’s no surprise to anyone here I’m really into Christmas. See pic below of this year’s living room. Yep, this post is about a Christmas forum. Not the only one I belong to. So my first day I was like a kid in a candy store. I read through posts. Then went to reply. I’m logged in but couldn’t reply. Looked at my stats. Dis allowed to do anything. Can’t reply, can’t add content and so on. So for three years I’ve been emailing this forum. Trying to find out why I’m logged in but can’t join in. And wouldn’t you know it, for three years I’ve gotten no reply. So i finally deleted all my info off the site. Now I’m still a ‘registered user’. But possibly like so many others. I can belong but can’t join in. Just like this forum, it’s the members that make the place. Because the content that comes in all the time keeps the place a fun forum to belong to. If the powers to be ditched new members this place would become stagnant. Then, like the not mentioned forum, become smaller every year. You would think they’d know something was wrong. Disappointed?  Yes. Hurt and angry? Nope. It’s like when I go to a convention. Be a room full of tables. Each table full of people. We’re all there for the same reason. Striking up a conversation is easy. So if one table doesn’t seem friendly enough I can go and enjoy the company of another. I do. And have a blast. 

So not all forums are created equally. Keep all good company. Rock on and keep being you.

Views: 341

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I thought the same thing, but later saw that the front legs of steel curve towards the back of the chair and connect together at the back. You can just barely see it above the carpet.

: ) Bluesheart. That's a late 50-s early 60's post modern chair. Got two of them for less than $10 at an auction. The base and internal frame is heavy chromed steel. I weigh over 200 lbs. That chair doesn't move under my weight. 

If I took everything out of that room that didn't come from an auction, yard sales, resale shops, given to me or got for free and crageslist there wouldn't be much left. One lamp, one table, two book cases, the curtains and the TV. LOL Those and everything I've made myself. 

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Latest Activity

Dar Stellabotta posted a video

A Cigar Box Guitar Six Stringer Built by Louie Lamanna

This video is the unboxing and the demonstration of a beautiful, six stringer built by Louie Lamanna. Join Louie and I June 15 at the second annual Pittsburg...
20 minutes ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Hail the Resurrection Day: 2-String Violin Chugger Cigar Box Guitar

"Happy Easter to you too Andries! The passion is definitely in full swing. Turns out I’m…"
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

Hail the Resurrection Day: 2-String Violin Chugger Cigar Box Guitar

"Happy Easter Doug ! the Passion is in full swing !"
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on Ricky D's photo
1 hour ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
1 hour ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked A.D.EKER's video
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Doug Thorsvik's video
5 hours ago
Keith Rearick liked Ricky D's photo
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
5 hours ago
5 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->