My grandfather built dulcimers, fiddles, and mandolins I have these instruments of his from when he passed. I have been building my own traditional bows and playing guitar for about 25 years. So I had the desire to build an acoustic guitar then I found these CBG's and fell in love with their sound so I got all the materials together to build one. I have a ton of exotic wood from building bows so I am now in the process of building some CBG's and a dulcimer or two. I just thought I would share his love of the art.

Views: 181

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry some of these survived a house fire so they were damaged a little in the fire

Beautiful instruments, your grandfather did a good job. The case is really nice too.

Thank you he was very talented and patient lol

That's not fire damage; that's character and history! Just means the instruments will play with a smokey tone ;-). Lovely boxes, and that case is to die for. Your grandfather was very skilled. Great that you're continuing the family tradition. Of course, your name IS Harper! Thanks for sharing this.

I agree about the character but when he passed a few years ago I would have loved to been able to show you all how great they really were. He was an artist

awesome

My grandpa left me an instrument.

It fired .50 caliber lead slugs...

Ha ha I have those too..

Hello Lester!  My father was my inspiration as well.  He was a true craftsman, though he did not make musical instruments.  Your dad's creations are beautiful.  Treasure them.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation?How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Happy Piezo Discovery

Started by Kevin Perlic in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Cause the Blue rat 11 hours ago. 2 Replies

Bridge Contact

Started by Brent Kasl in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Ron "Oily" Sprague 20 hours ago. 2 Replies

A Young Frank Zappa Performs Music on a Bicycle with Steve Allen

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by Ron "Oily" Sprague 20 hours ago. 4 Replies

Pedal Order

Started by Michael Cuell in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by The Phrygian Kid 20 hours ago. 7 Replies

Steve Klein's "Palletetar" - wood pallet harp guitar!

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by Paul Craig yesterday. 3 Replies

VIDEO: Build a Cheap Upright Bass From a 1x3 Plank

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by Paul Craig yesterday. 5 Replies

Steven Tyler of Aerosmith Playing His Cigar Box Guitar

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by Paul Craig yesterday. 9 Replies

The Mysterious "Ukulele Echo Device" From the 1920's

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by Paul Craig on Thursday. 6 Replies

Blog Posts

The Beater

Posted by Alan Hergert on February 4, 2016 at 2:22pm 2 Comments

It's time to build again.

Posted by martin walsh on February 4, 2016 at 1:34pm 1 Comment

ONE YEAR IN

Posted by T-Gripped on February 2, 2016 at 3:00pm 2 Comments

License Plate Guitar

Posted by Kigar on January 31, 2016 at 9:35pm 4 Comments

Latest Activity

AGP # liked Cris Portillo Jr.'s video
5 minutes ago
AGP # commented on Andries D. EKER's video
Thumbnail

Moonglow A D Eker 2016

""Nice Beat" !!!!"
8 minutes ago
AGP # liked Andries D. EKER's video
8 minutes ago
Clock The Wolf ™ commented on Clock The Wolf ™'s video
9 minutes ago
gary sheldon commented on shane wagstaff's video
Thumbnail

A yellow 4 string and an overdriven song

"Sure enjoyed everything about your video.  Thank for putting it up. "
17 minutes ago
gary sheldon liked shane wagstaff's video
19 minutes ago
Habanera Hal replied to jeffrey ross's discussion New to Uke!! in the group Cigar Box Ukulele
"An inner neck brace will definitely be required for a bolt-on, as well as a bridge patch.…"
25 minutes ago
Rusty Summer replied to Rusty Summer's discussion Cutting through lacquer without cracks
"Thanks wayfinder"
34 minutes ago
James O Lunsford posted a video

Going down to the river tonight

Original Song Played on My C B Gitty Premium Build Reaper Man 3 string
55 minutes ago
Rusty Summer posted a discussion

Cutting through lacquer without cracks

I just picked up 12 more cigar boxes. A few of them are lacquered. Any tips on cutting them to…See More
55 minutes ago
Clock The Wolf ™ commented on Andries D. EKER's video
57 minutes ago
Clock The Wolf ™ commented on Cris Portillo Jr.'s video
Thumbnail

Outlaw Torn (Metallica Cover)

"Damn Coooooooooooool"
1 hour ago

Music

Loading…

© 2016   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service