Hi all,
Due to the response to my video Ace of spades and after a suggestion from Steve we are asking if anyone would be interested in making an album called A TRIBUTE TO MOTÖRHEAD with the intention of using just CBGs ,
The album is open to everyone and to cover their vast array of songs,
Even if you don't know Motörhead go on and have a go I garrantee you will get goosebumps playing,
DON'T YOU THINK YOUR SPEAKERS IN YOUR AMP NEED A WORKOUT
The object is for us to all have fun,
The songs can be either acoustic or full rock n roll blues mayhem,
Let me know who's interested and what song you want to play,
Then you can upload them into OUR album for everyone to enjoy,
Good luck and happy rockin,
Oh and Paul smith you've got the job for harmonica on Ace of spades acoustic lol,
Cheers everyone,
Regards
Ian

Views: 5002

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cheers ian. mark knopfler eh? as long as i dont look like him too lol! (wish i could play like him tho)

if i get time i may try another - i'm crazy busy right now but hopefully get something down. thanks for starting this great project

Hi All
Please could anyone that still hasn't posted there songs on here try to get them done so I can complete the track list,
I am looking at closing the entries by the 12th June giving an extra week for everyone that wants to have a go to get a chance,this is a great opportunity to get something out there,
I have spoken by email today and had a reply from Motorhead's management showing an interest in the album so much so they want to hear it ,
I am looking to present a copy to Lemmy at Motorhead's show in November in London
Do the man proud as lemmy has said on many occasions we play rock n roll, plug it in and let rip

Greetings from across the pond! Well...here is my eagerly awaited entry into the Möterhead canon. It was recorded in Garageband using my "Sympatico" cbg, so named as it utilizes sympathetic strings which you can hear buzzing under the melody. Please let me know if the sound levels are ok (if not, I will remix AGAIN and resubmit). I hope I did it justice. I would like to dedicate this entry in loving memory of my dear parents, Ingrid Schrader Lowman and Henry H. Lowman, Jr., to whom I owe a greater debt than you will ever know. CHEERS!

Henry

Attachments:
Hi Henry,
Iron horse great version,
Cheers
Hi Henry,
I did reply on Tuesday yep I got your song ,
The levels are great as is the track sounds like you got a bit of chorus going on
Great version and thanks
Lookout for the track list next week,
Cheers

here's one if you need some filler, ian. acoustic version played on my lazarus guitar and a 3 string fretless.

wont be too dissapointed if it hits the cutting room floor tho :)

Attachments:
Hi merle ,
Thanks for all your contributions,
Great stuff,
Cheers
Hi merle,
Thanks great stuff,
Cheers

Hi All,

Just posted my version of GOD SAVE THE QUEEN this will be on the motorhead tribute album but as its our queens diamond jubilee celebration today its the motorhead thumbs up to her majesty

Hi All,
Just a reminder can anyone who has not posted there mp3 on the thread can they do so ASAP please or any further songs that you want to do as the deadline is approaching and I would like as many on there as possible ,
We have quite a few to sort through but I assure you they will all be on there,
Cheers
Thanks to all the people who have contributed so far please post your submissions by the 12th June
We have quite a few acoustic songs which is great
I will post a list once I've received the final mp3 files,
Maybe need a couple of rockers to balance it up,
I will be adding overkill,bomber in to the fold
Keep them coming
Thank you

Ian,

Here's my cover of Motorhead's "God was never on your side". These are the 2 instruments of torture that I played to record it.

The Cohiba is my #1 "go to" CBG, a 4 stringer and I played it through a Trace Elliot "Brat" amp with the gain all the way up. No other effects, it's an amazing amp.

The Bass CBG is made out of a Wissotzky Tea Box played through a small Trace Elliot bass amp. It's a 3 stringer tuned  E-A-D.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this insanity !!!

Take care, Ed

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Dar Stellabotta commented on Dar Stellabotta's video
Thumbnail

Cigar Box Guitar 106 now for sale 🙌

"Thanks everyone! Yes it is inspiring to own other cigar box guitar builders creations. I have many…"
2 hours ago
A.D.EKER replied to Southern Ray's discussion AI Search Query - Curious Answer
"Nice one Korigan !  The Vinger Slascher ?"
4 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
4 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

I Can Only Imagine: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

"Head Slingers "The Steady Crew " Right On !"
4 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on Dar Stellabotta's video
Thumbnail

Cigar Box Guitar 106 now for sale 🙌

"crunch Rocking DAR ! nice kit ! jangling julery! Slash Dar Johnson!! now on stage !!"
4 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
4 hours ago
A.D.EKER posted a video

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

The Robert Johnson fight whit the devil, and there he was , standing on the Crossroads, waiting to meet the Guy that was going to change his way's, did he w...
5 hours ago
Southern Ray replied to Southern Ray's discussion AI Search Query - Curious Answer
" That's what I  thought!"
5 hours ago
Sam Beavers left a comment for BrianQ.
"Thanks Brian !!"
5 hours ago
AGP # liked David Hopkins's photo
11 hours ago
11 hours ago
11 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->