Hello everyone.  I perform a lot with a range of guitars including my lovely Yolanda (CBG) made for me by Thikwater guitars on here (the lovely Trev).  Anyway, I've been worried about transport damage etc and came across an old rifle case in an antique shop.  Too expensive for me so I searched ebay for modern equivalent gun cases and found some cracking cases around the £50 mark.  Bought one last week and it's absolutely perfect, with space for all my bits and pieces too (strap, slides, strings, plecs, etc).  The foam is cut into small squares so you can create your "drop in" spaces.

I'm not selling or promoting anything in particular, but just thought this might be helpful to some of you.  Apols if this is a well known thing on here - I was just really pleased to find one.  Requesting a custom size should be straightforward too.  Mine's a little oversized but should work well when I get another to pop in too.

Some pics.

Views: 3873

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey that works great - and the plane overhead thing is a bonus!

Yayyy! (-:

Shotgun CBG hard case

Nice one! You just take the squares out and use what's left? Versatile!

hey guys, old thread, but can you tell me what case that is in the OP? it's the perfect size for mine and would like that exact one, or if not, something very similar. I tried to write the OP and ask but the site wouldn't let me PM him.OP calls this a "cracking case" -- what is that? Thanks!

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation?How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

VIDEO: Ben "Gitty" Baker - "The Band Played Walzing Matilda"

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by jeff Cadzow 45 minutes ago. 3 Replies

Lowebows for The Reverend - John Lowe's heartfelt fundraiser

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by Moritz Voegeli 4 hours ago. 2 Replies

MOD: Create a Tripod Setup for 2x4 Lap Steel

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles yesterday. 0 Replies

CONTEST: The 2x4 Challenge!!! May 2017

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by Wade on Sunday. 98 Replies

2017 Paint Lid Reso Contest Winners!

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by William J Russell on Saturday. 15 Replies

Quiet piezo's

Started by EzMac in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by darryl kernaghan on Friday. 16 Replies

Seasick Steve's Homemade Guitars - VIDEO + Lesson

Started by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker in Feature Articles. Last reply by Blind Lemon Cello on Friday. 1 Reply

Blog Posts

Some progress.

Posted by Printer2 on May 13, 2017 at 12:11am 0 Comments

PIECES AND PARTS INSPIRATION

Posted by Allen on May 12, 2017 at 3:17pm 0 Comments

Bending Time Again

Posted by Printer2 on May 8, 2017 at 9:05pm 1 Comment

Latest Activity

Dustin Aurand posted a discussion

Huntsville, AL Performance, (not Fest related.)

This Thursday from about 9:00 to 11:00, I will be playing the HealthWorks Farmers' Market. Please…See More
6 minutes ago
Angelo Mikro left a comment for Rock-Schorsch
"Thanks for that link it's very interesting gots some very creative stuff"
7 minutes ago
Richard Sundberg posted a video

Barking Seals Of Texas

A tune I recorded about six years ago, threw in a little CBG with Ovation Guitar and eight tracks from a Yamaha Tyros keyboard. If you can't make it to Monte...
12 minutes ago
Andy Busch commented on Anthony Crociata's photo
Thumbnail

Ohio03

"New Belgium caps for knobs.  Nice touch!"
17 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on Angry Rooster Guitars's photo
Thumbnail

Ford tachometer

"I'd like to quit, but if I do, Pick will likely grille me about running out of gas and giving…"
40 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on Angry Rooster Guitars's photo
Thumbnail

My saddest build

"Yup.  :("
42 minutes ago
Uncle John commented on Anthony Crociata's photo
Thumbnail

Ohio03

"Yup.  I like the medium/medium from Gitty.   I once made the huge mistake of using…"
43 minutes ago
jeff Cadzow replied to Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com)'s discussion VIDEO: Ben "Gitty" Baker - "The Band Played Walzing Matilda"
"Great job on the song Ben. It doesn't matter who sings it, I can never listen to the whole…"
45 minutes ago
Anthony Crociata commented on Anthony Crociata's photo
Thumbnail

Ohio03

"I wanted the headstock to match the LP."
55 minutes ago
Anthony Crociata commented on Anthony Crociata's photo
Thumbnail

Ohio03

"Medium fretwire from StewMac - I buy it by the pound - it's cheaper."
56 minutes ago
Eric Lettau liked Angelo Mikro's photo