JOYO JE-307 5-Band EQ Equalizer Acoustic Guitar Preamp Piezo Pickup Tuner

Has anyone actually used one of these devices? I ordered it from Amazon not realizing that when something is "not fulfilled by Amazon" that is code for "Shipped via slow boat from China".

It arrived about a month after ordering and I quickly plugged in a spare 9 volt battery. The red LED came on, which was a positive sign based on my prior experience with Chinese small electronic ordered on line.

I plugged in an audio cord and turned on my amp, ready for some simple testing of the attached Rod Piezo.

The first thing I noticed when I lightly tapped the Piezo was that there was no sound coming from the amp. Turned up the volume a tad and then I heard it. The dreaded hum.

Turned up the bass knob and the noise coming from the amp got much worse. Tried the treble knob, more hiss.

In the end, I could find no setting on this device that would allow one to use it for playing a guitar. It goes to hum then nasty deep base hiss if any of the signal controls are raised to any degree.

I tried every knob individually, then in combination but never found a setting that I could use while playing. This is not even close to what I had expected. I even went so far as to cut off the Piezo rod and attach a 27 mm Piezo disc. No change......

Actually, with no Piezo attached at all, the thing makes nasty noises.

I contacted the seller and we did the 24 hr delayed communication dance. They offered be a refund equal to about half of my expense and said I could keep the unit as a "back up". I responded that, while I didn't want to incur the expense for mailing the unit back to China, I thought that half-refund was a bit light. I also noted that should I retain the unit it would go directly into the trash can as it was totally unusable. Eventually, I got a refund for about 3/4 of my expense.

So, who has one of these? Can you tell me if it can be made to actually work?

Views: 629

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I read and marked the review as helpful.

I didn't get the "can't be returned" line, but they wanted to negotiate the refund. Funny.

In the end it costs me a few bucks which I chalked up to experience. The most valuable being that I should not order things not fulfilled by Amazon since they quickly wash there hands if there is a problem.

I'll keep looking for a decent preamp/equalizer that will help tame piezo output.

Thanks for the response.

Thanks. I got an email from Amazon telling me about this "if I could not resolve with seller".

I think I could have badgered the seller for a full refund, but I just wanted to be done with it. If it cost me $4.00, that's just the price of experience. I'll check our your suggested preamp.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Sam Beavers left a comment for BrianQ.
"Thanks Brian !!"
11 minutes ago
AGP # liked David Hopkins's photo
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
6 hours ago
AGP # liked Doug Thorsvik's video
6 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Jim Weaver
10 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Crazed Fandango
"I see you’ve been gone awhile, we picked up a glitch in that time, here’s what to do?"
10 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Bill Andy
11 hours ago
BrianQ. left a comment for Sam Beavers
11 hours ago

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->