heres a video on how to make a flat pick up!

https://youtu.be/g_RUuKsUt-k

Views: 1814

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John,

No worries, mate. People who want to make their own will do so. I make my own boxes here, too, for the same reason you do. I did it by thinking, drawing, figuring, and yes, watch patching a coupla videos. I took the ideas, and tweaked em a little to make em my own, based on what I wanted. I'll never make money at this hobby, either.

Hesitant to comment again, but here goes, the chase for a thin/ultra thin pup was very evident here in my early days, Elmar nailed it, combined with grace and an admirable attitude, he shared his knowledge, and many experimented and found it to be a winner in action, as said by others, this IS  a forum for ideas, and expansion of those ideas, and long may it be so, but acknowledgement is a nice "tip your lid" to the originator

Hey Wayfinder, I hope you know that people on here appreciate what you do, and the work that you have put into the products that you make. This particular hobby can't grow without people like you.

Trademarks protect the identity of a product and producer

Patents protect a novel/unique design of a specific "thing" that is either the first of its kind or more innovative than an "expected evolution of the existing art"

Trade Secrets and Intellectual Property rights are legally respected protections of undocumented processes/procedures/materials/etc that are essential to the uniqueness of the patented item's production.

Copyrights protect the expression of an intangible idea (a story is the ideas contained in the writing, not the media it is published upon).

you'll be pleased to know joe's has stopped making them I ask him how much etc and this is his reply

Hi John,

Sorry but I don't make flatpick ups any more because I'm very busy with guitar building and woodworking.
Thats why I made the tutorial . Cheers,Joës

I don't see flatpup in there do you?

honestly I don't know what all the fuss about one video its not even a complete from start to finish.

some of you need to grow up,nobody is infringing on anybody so called rights because there is no rights. this has rear its ugly head in the past and Ben had to step in and the way things are going .......... 

Tempest...meet Teapot...
Kin I have yer stuf?;-)

Cool story.  Many years ago a CBN/Clubhouse member really wanted to know how I made my pickups - EVERY DETAIL.  He (and his bandmate) travelled almost 2 hours to my shop and still pestered me, after a cool jam.  I relented and made one from scratch for him.

Shortly after, he was online boasting that he knew the secret to my pickups and had some for sale cheaper than me, and even posted a pic of one on a copy of a copper pipe git he saw me building in my shop.  

Little did he know, I suspected as much and I told him all the wrong specs - wire size, number of winds, what I wrapped around the magnets, potting and even tension on my winds.  

He's not around anymore

«Amazing how rude and hateful some people become when they're hiding behind a keyboard»: I'm posting under my name, you can check where I'm living in a second, but whether you are living in Platte City, MO, United States, or Ontario, Canada, I don't even know that...

I was talking about an earlier post you cancelled: it's not properly a sign of character nor intelligence to whine about an answer to a boasting post you cancelled.

«Troll away. But do so by yourself, 'cos I'm done replying to you»: there's a simple solution to save your day: shut up, Knight of the Coconut!

come on guy's.

Anyone notice the vid was published Aug. 2015

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation?How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Grounding

Started by cboxGypsy in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by cboxGypsy 21 hours ago. 9 Replies

Diddley bow music?

Started by Snuffy Smith in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Gary W aka Rev. Bluejeans yesterday. 6 Replies

Psycho Box Help!

Started by Jesse Lively in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Odell Williams Jun 16. 3 Replies

CBG ADHD

Started by Patrick Allison in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Kigar Jun 13. 4 Replies

Blog Posts

introducing cbg to guitarists

Posted by Donald Rees on June 21, 2017 at 10:27pm 3 Comments

Tricone Resonator CBG

Posted by Hal Robertson on June 21, 2017 at 3:30pm 4 Comments

Backslider Washboards

Posted by Milt Haselmire on June 19, 2017 at 6:30pm 4 Comments

Backslider Guitars

Posted by Milt Haselmire on June 16, 2017 at 7:06pm 3 Comments

Latest Activity

John Fitzgerald liked Jim Morris's video
13 minutes ago
Slow Blues Dani & Ol' Grey Bear posted a video
18 minutes ago
Andries D. EKER left a comment for Nancy kat
"Say Nancy What ever happend to him in the Picture?? Dont find him anywhere! did he leave the…"
44 minutes ago
Dave Lynas commented on Mr.C's video
Thumbnail

New build

"Very clear winner. Nice work."
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas commented on Jim Morris's video
Thumbnail

PVC Dan Bau for CBN Plumbing instrument Challenge

"Nice sounds Jim. Now I know where that sound comes from. Nice."
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas commented on shane wagstaff's video
Thumbnail

Bitch of a week

"Wow Shane. You don't deserve such luck. Play your blues away. We all will pull for you. Hard…"
1 hour ago
Dave Lynas liked Rose Ericson's photo
2 hours ago
Dave Lynas commented on Jeff Reilly 's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_20170621_192932

"Great photo! Get that band together Jeff."
2 hours ago
Dave Lynas liked Jeff Reilly 's photo
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
darryl kernaghan replied to Hans Stauffacher's discussion Adding some kind of weight to balance CBG?
"There is a chance they,d need grounding,they really shouldn't if they are not part of the…"
2 hours ago

Music

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service