Looking for string sizes,  standard tuning and string placement. Planning on the fifth fret placement of a tuner. I have built almost seven hundred three string, dulcimer fretted pieces, but am hungry for the sound of the dolcijo. Missing two middle fingers on the left hand and can still play the three string right well, so I am thinking this would be a great fit.

I recently started using a wider than the neck forstner bit as a cheap Wagner safety planer. It works great in applications where the hole left by the tip of the bit is hidden, as in a through the box neck application.

This I do.?  Check out "freedom" by Jack Bowers on the u tube. Sorry for the rambling

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What rambling, your good. Watched the video, and you should post it in the Video section.

Maybe place the tuner behind the bridge, and use a nail to hold the string head down below 5th fret.

Short string tuner behind the nut? banjo with a tunneled drone string, a «zither banjo», see https://creekdontrise.com/acoustic/zither_banjo/zither_banjo.htm.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation?How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

VIDEO: Ben "Gitty" Baker - "The Band Played Walzing Matilda"

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by Bjorn Damsgaard 55 minutes ago. 5 Replies

CONTEST: The 2x4 Challenge!!! May 2017

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by Lane Martin 2 hours ago. 102 Replies

Lowebows for The Reverend - John Lowe's heartfelt fundraiser

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by micky rooney 6 hours ago. 3 Replies

How to Build This "Shabby Chic" Lap Steel Guitar

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by Jim Morris 16 hours ago. 4 Replies

MOD: Create a Tripod Setup for 2x4 Lap Steel

Started by Shane (www.ShaneSpeal.com) in Feature Articles. Last reply by Paul Craig 19 hours ago. 1 Reply

Blog Posts

Some progress.

Posted by Printer2 on May 13, 2017 at 12:11am 1 Comment

PIECES AND PARTS INSPIRATION

Posted by Allen on May 12, 2017 at 3:17pm 0 Comments

Bending Time Again

Posted by Printer2 on May 8, 2017 at 9:05pm 1 Comment

Music

Loading…

© 2017   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service