So, a little background.

This summer, I "finished" my first CBG, a 3-string fretless.  It had been something I wanted to do for a long time, and I finally just did it.

I took it along when I visited the Orchard Festival run by the South Westminster Artist Group in September, and got a lot of interest and comments.

Then, I took it to Loveland for the Northern Colorado Mini Maker Faire, and got a lot more interest and comments.

In fact, the organizers of the Boulder Mini Maker Faire, which will be January 31 and February 1, 2015, asked me if I was interested in some kind of jam session or venue.

Hmmm.

Well, at the time, I could only play the chorus of "Wild Thing."  Since then, I have added "Happy Birthday" to my repertoire.

I am not exactly impressive in my playing.

HOWEVER!

I know there are at least a few of us here in Colorado, and some of you villains can actually play.

Is there any interest in some kind of home-made music session in Boulder at this Faire?

-Tommy

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, now I am committed.

Boulder Mini Maker Faire has accepted my proposal for a jam session.

I intend to start by talking a bit about the history of diddly bows and CBGs, and maybe even nail together a diddly bow during the session, and play around with it. 

I am going to bring an assortment of canjos and diddly bows for people to twang on, and I will pick a simple song to teach, then just get everyone making sounds together.

I would dearly love to have some of our CBG community in Colorado show up for this.  I will post more details when I have them.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

Niall McCracken is now a member of Cigar Box Nation
52 minutes ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
1 hour ago
J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
12 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

"Thanks AGP# Glad you liked  my version ! appreciated !"
13 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

I Can Only Imagine: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

"You are very observant Andries! Some of the Slingers are more consistent than others and I…"
14 hours ago
David L. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
"Not sure how accurate the lyrics are (link to the lyrics site at the bottom) "Internet…"
14 hours ago
David L. liked David Hopkins's photo
14 hours ago
14 hours ago
14 hours ago
J. D. Woods posted a discussion

Song lyrics for Steve's new song

Hey Cigar Boxers,Just listened to Seasick Steve's new song, Internet Cowboys. Does anybody know…See More
15 hours ago
AGP # commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

"A Different, but very Likeable take on a Classic Blues Song :-)"
15 hours ago
AGP # liked A.D.EKER's video
15 hours ago

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->