I've been considering using a notched piece of bone or plywood for a string guide on my guitars.  I like to use a zero fret, so I don't need a real bone nut, just a notched piece to hold the strings at the right spots.

I was thinking I could use either a piece of the 1/8" aircraft hobby plywood I have or get some bone bridge blanks and use them.

I'm guessing the bone would look a bit nicer and maybe last a bit longer, but is it really worth the trouble?  Please, let me know your thoughts.  And if you have recommendations for other materials, please let me know!

Thanks,

Scott

Views: 310

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I picked up a pack of 20 for $4 at lunch time. :)

where from??

H Mart, a Kroean grocery store nearby.

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation?How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Love this Band

Started by Paul Craig in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Richard Dean 2 hours ago. 4 Replies

VIDEOS: How to Make Copper Wire Frets on a Cigar Box Guitar

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com in Feature Articles. Last reply by darryl kernaghan 14 hours ago. 5 Replies

VIDEO: Cigar Box Harp by Don Peddle

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com in Feature Articles. Last reply by JL yesterday. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

Events

Music

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service