Just curious...

after downloading the CBG chord form sheets and playing around with a number of tab sheets, I am starting to see (or maybe hear, LOL) that not all the chords sound full. Yes, I know I'm only playing on 3 strings, but some chords on it sound nice and full, and others sound thin, and some just sound plain ol' out of tune...even though my CBG is tuned fine. So I was thinking, to fatten up the sound a bit to maybe look into some of the octave effect stomp boxes. I've been eyeing the Pitch Fork box by electro-harmonix. I love the sounds that can be gotten with it.

Anyway, I was just wondering if others around here have played their CBG's though these devices and what they thought...

Anyone?

Views: 228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just got a TC Electronics Sub N Up. I like it, but now I need a looper so I can play over the weird organ - subsonic bass lines the thing can make. I wayyyyyyy prefer fuzz, overdrive and reverb, but I'm pretty sure I'll keep the octave pedal. I don't know as though it makes it sound more full, it's pretty serious modulation. A light clean chorus might be better for fullness?

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation?How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Fret dot recommendation

Started by Douglas Eric Marsalis in Performances, How to Play, Lessons, Concerts. Last reply by Brendan deVallance 2 hours ago. 29 Replies

My first build

Started by Calvin Harris in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Korrigan on Tuesday. 3 Replies

Sting Issues

Started by Roland Wood in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Paul Craig on Sunday. 11 Replies

Blog Posts

Just not quite right!?

Posted by David on January 17, 2018 at 10:02am 2 Comments

Festivals

Posted by Chuck Numbers on January 15, 2018 at 9:46pm 1 Comment

My fret slot cutting setup

Posted by Jim Brown on January 5, 2018 at 4:24pm 8 Comments

Latest Activity

Ron Lutz posted a status
"#39,40 poplar boxes handmade, canvas prints of local historic photo and one of my pinhole images which is also on canvas. 21" scale. GDG"
6 minutes ago
Ron Lutz posted a photo
6 minutes ago
Erasmo Coco commented on Erasmo Coco's video
Thumbnail

Tricone Tube Screamer Blues - Backslider Guitars

"I like that Kat ! Thanks Nancy !"
12 minutes ago
Paul Craig replied to Paul Cezanne's discussion Trouble converting an old radio to an amp
"Lugs 1 & 2 on the back are the on/off power for the radio. Lugs A, B, & C on the bottom are…"
16 minutes ago
StorminSteve liked sparky37's photo
38 minutes ago
StorminSteve liked sparky37's photo
38 minutes ago
Paul Craig replied to Taffy Evans's discussion Shop/homemade tools and & Jigs
"Item #4375 for $4.86"
42 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Uncle Gus's video
47 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Downtown Vinnie's video
47 minutes ago
Nancy kat liked Janis Wilson Hughes's video
48 minutes ago
Nancy kat commented on Janis Wilson Hughes's video
48 minutes ago
Nancy kat commented on Janis Wilson Hughes's video
Thumbnail

Linger by The Cranberries - CBG Tribute

"Janis this is beautiful your voice is so sweet very Angelic! Watched it three times loved it.. and…"
49 minutes ago

Events

Music

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service