2011 Cigar Box Nation Christmas Album

The 2011 Christmas album is ready for download. We hope you will enjoy the free holiday music our members have created for your enjoyment.

Some are traditional songs, and some are original tunes written by the artists. All are played/performed on hand made instruments.

This is our third year for our Christmas album. This year's song list includes:

1. Angels We Have Heard On High (Gloria in Excelsis Deo) – Silent Jim

2. Christmas For Cowboys – Uncle John

3. Jingle Bell Rock – Teddy B

4. Christmas Slow Roast – Chris Tinker

5. A Holly Jolly Christmas – Voodoo Highway

6. Silent Night – Mike Bingham

7. Christmas Memories – bemuzic

8. Winter Thoughts (The Advent Song) – Henry Lowman

In loving memory of my dear mother, Ingrid Schrader Lowman.

9. Black Bettie's Christmas – Hip Bone Bellaire

10. Up On The Housetop – Matthew Borczon

11. Wee Wish Yoo – Brickdust & Pyno

12. The Little Drummer Boy-Hark! The Herald Angels Sing-Joy to the World – NightOwl

13. Josiah's Song – Stompbox Johnny

14. For Absent Friends – Slowpaw Steve T

15. Kling glöckchen klingelingeling - Henry Lowman

In loving memory of my dear mother, Ingrid Schrader Lowman.

16. Auld Lang Syne – c# merle

17. Winter Flavours – Sugimugi

18. Tres Estudios Para Lejos En Un Pesebre – Keni Lee Burgess

19. The Holly & The Ivy – John Maw & Dan Sleep

Click HERE to download:

Thanks to all our members for their contributions that made this possible.

Special thanks to Thomas Boatwright for contributing the cover artwork again.

You can also download the 2010 and 2009 Christmas albums.

Have a safe and happy holiday season!!

Views: 10554

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great cover art work. Very nice! And great music, too. Here's a little video - hope you enjoy it. Thanks, Dan, for the coordination.

WOW... wondered how long it would take...   Good Job.. Correct!

Thorsten Hinrichsen--- Great Song.... WOW... what did you muse to animate?  Great job!

Awesome!!! Great job!

Thorsten Hinrichsen said:

Great cover art work. Very nice! And great music, too. Here's a little video - hope you enjoy it. Thanks, Dan, for the coordination.

Thanks everybody. I painted the pictures with mspaint (which exists on any windows system) and animated them with magix video maker 2008 (which I bought for 20 euros some time ago, no professional stuff). You can do this with windows movie maker in almost the same quality. I made about 80 pictures for this video, only a few effects are from the magix software (e.g. the beginning camera view). All in all it took me about 10 hours (10 lunch breaks - definitely more time than for recording the song).

Hip Bone Bellaire said:

Thorsten Hinrichsen--- Great Song.... WOW... what did you muse to animate?  Great job!

Thorsten Hinrichsen, I do video for a living and if you did that animation in 10 hours, I can't believe it... Great Job, Great Song, Actually my Favorite on the album...

Thanx very much. It wasn't sooo much work as it looks, I drew only about 30 different pictures, the others (for the animation) are only slightly changed ones from the original drawings.

Hip Bone Bellaire said:

Thorsten Hinrichsen, I do video for a living and if you did that animation in 10 hours, I can't believe it... Great Job, Great Song, Actually my Favorite on the album...

great i'll send this out on fb as a christmas greet- if you don't mind ,,well done mate..

Thank you, I don't mind, of course - have a nice Christmas season.

John Bassett said:

great i'll send this out on fb as a christmas greet- if you don't mind ,,well done mate..

BRILLIANT, OUTSTANDING work all around! An absolutely CHARMING and moving cd!

Well I sure do want to say thanks for the music.  I like to build but cant play or make music.  I sure do enjoy listening!!

Thanks everyone and Merry Christmas

The 2011 album was downloaded by Tony Steidler-Dennison, who hosts the Roadhouse Podcast. He is going to try to feature one of the songs from the album on his Podcast #355 tomorrow!

You will be able to download the podcast here tomorrow afternoon:

http://roadhousepodcast.com/

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->