I've built a few electric guitars and a 5e3 clone valve amp so now I'm building a CBG and matching CBA. I have the cigar boxes (Cohiba) and an old 24.75" scale length neck in my collection.

I have all thge parts ready and have starting marking up (pics attached). 

Will usexa couple of piezo pups under the bridge and blended with a humbucker in the neck position. The amp will use a Ruby variation. Searching for a high quality, suitable speaker driver to fit the box whilst providing a decent frequency response.

Starting pics attached.

Views: 377

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are good pickups. Those Gold Foil clones either have the Ceramic or Alnico magnets instead of the rubberized magnets like the originals, but they sound close and a lot more affordable. ;)

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation?How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Love this Band

Started by Paul Craig in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Richard Dean 2 hours ago. 4 Replies

VIDEOS: How to Make Copper Wire Frets on a Cigar Box Guitar

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com in Feature Articles. Last reply by darryl kernaghan 14 hours ago. 5 Replies

VIDEO: Cigar Box Harp by Don Peddle

Started by Shane Speal shanespeal.com in Feature Articles. Last reply by JL yesterday. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

Events

Music

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service