All Discussions Tagged 'shane' (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A Better Acoustic Pickup for Cigar Box Guitar: How I Install a Piezo Rod & Preamp

Get the most out of your acoustic/electric cigar box guitars with an inexpensive piezo rod & preamp unit.  How-to Video   In this vide…

Started by Cigar Box Nation

10 Oct 14, 2019
Reply by Eric Shepherd

How to Play EEB Tuning Cigar Box Guitar - Get easy, beautiful chords with this lesson

Shane Speal has been championing the 3-string "EEB" tuning for years and has written several songs with it.  In this lesson, he shows how…

12 Nov 3, 2018
Reply by Paul Craig

How to Play R.L. Burnside's "Nine Days In Jail" on 3-string ***NEW TUNING!!!***

Another great viewer request featuring an obscure R. L. Burnside song.  I had to create a new tuning in order to play it... and I love it!…

2 Oct 11, 2018
Reply by Denny

How to Play Muddy Waters on Cigar Box Guitar

by Shane Speal Muddy Waters was one of my very first heroes when I was introduced to the blues.  He had the swagger and the bravado like n…

3 May 13, 2018
Reply by Tom Lauten

Make a 2x4 Lap Steel Guitar

This is one of the easiest homemade guitars I've ever built, and it took me only an hour to make. This lap steel was made from an extra 2x…

17 May 8, 2018
Reply by bud molson

The Exit Sign Guitar + a quickie blues lesson. Built by Gary Desrosiers

Video + photos Here's a wild guitar concept I haven't seen before.  This three-stringer was crafted from a discarded exit sign by Gary De…

5 Feb 12, 2018
Reply by Wichita Sam

2017 "Kick The Can" Build-Off contest - Canjos, Tin Can Guitars

"Come on, brothers and sisters, KICK OUT THE CANS!"   For our final build-off contest of 2017, we're looking for your best canjos, cookie…

156 Dec 21, 2017

How I Attach a Lid to a Cigar Box Guitar for Best Acoustic Response - by Shane Speal

You've shaped the neck, cut the soundholes and put all those glorious electronics inside.  Now it's time to attach the lid to the box! In…

12 Dec 2, 2017
Reply by Wal Callaby

VIDEO & PICS: Cigar Box Guitar Museum expands collection

The Cigar Box Guitar Museum housed inside Speal's Tavern in New Alexandria PA has just expanded the collection by more than 30 instrument…

3 Nov 6, 2017
Reply by Dano Schultz

CONTEST: The 2x4 Challenge!!! May 2017

CONTEST OVERVIEW: What instrument can you build that starts with a 2x4 plank?  We're looking for the most spectacular, innovative, intere…

57 May 31, 2017
Reply by John Bernyk

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 21. 11 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

CB Bass Guitar

Started by Mi Rankin in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Justin Stanchfield Jan 27. 5 Replies

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->