All Discussions Tagged 'length' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Problems uploading videos

Several folks have mentioned that they are having or have had problems in the past with uploading videos to this site. Here is some informa…

Started by Dan Sleep

8 Jun 5, 2020
Reply by Stephen E. Ahern

Advice for volume knob placement and mounting?

I wonder what people think about putting the volume knob on the top side of the box rather than through the lid. Seems like the knob can ge…

Started by Michael Pounds

17 Jun 17, 2019
Reply by the anonymous pick

First built Questions - Scale lenght and Bridge Positions

I am going to built my first CBG. A frettless 3 string. My Box has 30x20cm (about 11,8x7,8 inch) 1.I want many playable frets. Is 19 to muc…

Started by Andreas Fischer

21 May 20, 2018
Reply by Andreas Fischer

Setting out to make sure scale length is perfect

Hi All, I am about to start a 6 string resonator. How do I lay it all out so the scale length is perfect? I guess its even harder with a co…

Started by Rob

3 Feb 11, 2018
Reply by Paul Craig

Finding scale length from fret spacing

I recently did some work on a six string cbg. The bridge was free floating, and I forgot to mark it’s sweet spot beforehand. Now, I want to…

Started by Brett

4 Jan 8, 2018
Reply by Taffy Evans

Building cbg version of upright bass (sort of)

Have you have heard about 12 string basses like ones that Hamer makes, they have tripled every string so you have Eee Aaa Ddd Ggg strings o…

Started by Dejan Nišić

5 Aug 15, 2017
Reply by Dejan Nišić

Tuning and set-up issues

I finished my first (4 string) CBG and it seems to have gone pretty well. I strung it up and tuned it to open G, with strings I got from Gi…

Started by brdfrd

19 Apr 23, 2014
Reply by Richey Kay

tuning and scale length?

hi everyone I'm new to building (on my 3rd right now) and I want to build a cigar box guitar in every tuning. I have my first 2 tuned to G…

Started by jojo mcelroy

6 Aug 24, 2013
Reply by jojo mcelroy

anyone got thoughts on string afterlength?

I was looking for pearls on the net and found this: http://www.lutherie.net/afterlength-scale.html So Dude calls the strings on the non-bu…

Started by TwoShoes

9 Sep 29, 2012
Reply by ChickenboneJohn

Scale Lengths, etc. Group

I just started a new group for all things related to Scale Lengths, String Gauges, and how it all relates to tuning. It seems like with so…

Started by Ben

0 Sep 15, 2009

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

Latest Activity

J. D. Woods replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
3 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

"Thanks AGP# Glad you liked  my version ! appreciated !"
4 hours ago
Doug Thorsvik commented on Doug Thorsvik's video
Thumbnail

I Can Only Imagine: 2-String Chugger License Plate Cigar Box Guitar

"You are very observant Andries! Some of the Slingers are more consistent than others and I…"
4 hours ago
David L. replied to J. D. Woods's discussion Song lyrics for Steve's new song
"Not sure how accurate the lyrics are (link to the lyrics site at the bottom) "Internet…"
4 hours ago
David L. liked David Hopkins's photo
4 hours ago
4 hours ago
4 hours ago
J. D. Woods posted a discussion

Song lyrics for Steve's new song

Hey Cigar Boxers,Just listened to Seasick Steve's new song, Internet Cowboys. Does anybody know…See More
5 hours ago
AGP # commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

There i was Standing at the ..... BCB - A. D. Eker 2024

"A Different, but very Likeable take on a Classic Blues Song :-)"
6 hours ago
AGP # liked A.D.EKER's video
6 hours ago
T-Gripped liked David Hopkins's photo
11 hours ago
Jim Weaver updated their profile
12 hours ago

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->