Tom T's Discussions (680)

Discussions Replied To (614) Replies Latest Activity

"Thanks for the photos, Rat. The suggestion to "Experiment" is definitely in order. T…"

Tom T replied 8 hours ago to Has anyone tried Tea and steel wool/vinegar to age wood.

5 8 hours ago
Reply by Tom T

"I've used that formula for years to age wooden repair parts on antique clocks when m…"

Tom T replied 19 hours ago to Has anyone tried Tea and steel wool/vinegar to age wood.

5 8 hours ago
Reply by Tom T

"The easy answer is that you will be building more CBGs and if your first build doesn…"

Tom T replied on Friday to First built Questions - Scale lenght and Bridge Positions

21 yesterday
Reply by Andreas Fischer

"A basic guitar with a 1 x 2 neck and a piezo pickup can be knocked together in about…"

Tom T replied on Thursday to guys, how much time to build a CBG

20 6 hours ago
Reply by Paul Mayberry

"The natural acoustics of our box guitars is not really very good, thus the common us…"

Tom T replied Apr 21 to Maximum Box Thickness

10 May 1
Reply by Wal Callaby

"One thing to consider is which way you turn to adjust the strings. Most of us are us…"

Tom T replied Apr 10 to Does it matter which way you wrap the string on a tuner?

3 Apr 10
Reply by Tom T

"There are some "hot" humbuckers (15K ohms) on ebay. They are in a single coil size a…"

Tom T replied Jan 14 to Mag in the Box--Follow up

41 Jan 14
Reply by Tom T

"I think Richard hit things on the head. If the nut to 12th is 11.7/8" then the scale…"

Tom T replied Jan 8 to Finding scale length from fret spacing

4 Jan 8
Reply by Taffy Evans

"Forget about the first fret distance for a moment. Instead, carefully measure from t…"

Tom T replied Jan 8 to Finding scale length from fret spacing

4 Jan 8
Reply by Taffy Evans

"With a zero fret you still have to address string alignment, but you have a couple o…"

Tom T replied Jan 6 to Headstock angle, help?

17 Jan 6
Reply by Roland Wood

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation?How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building BasicsCigar Box Guitar Parts Store

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

Questions on wiring up two piezos.

Started by Cause the Blue rat in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Cause the Blue rat 12 hours ago. 2 Replies

My love hate relationship with CBGs.

Started by Cause the Blue rat in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Cause the Blue rat 21 hours ago. 14 Replies

Latest Activity

Korrigan replied to Thomas L. Knapp's discussion Lessons that use a GDG Tuning with High G?
"I may be wrong but I  don't think anybody breaks down tunings into which octave the…"
9 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Clay Clark's video
17 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked W.M. Peterson's photo
19 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked darren brown's photo
20 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Mark's photo
21 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Jeff 'Bones' Reilly's photo
22 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Charles's photo
24 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Dave Lynas's photo
25 minutes ago
Keith Rearick liked Clay Clark's photo
28 minutes ago
Shane Speal shanespeal.com posted a discussion

VIDEO LESSON: How to Play the FUNK on 3-string Cigar Box Guitar

You guys wanted the funk? Well, I got da funk! Here's my favorite little funk riffs on 3-string,…See More
28 minutes ago
George Ross liked Charles's photo
33 minutes ago
George Ross liked Jittery Jay's photo
34 minutes ago

Music

Loading…

© 2018   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service