Feature Articles (408)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Build This Simple Cigar Box Uke for Under $20!

These cigar box ukulele plans by Shelley Rickey of the Mourning Glories offer some of the easiest methods for constructing your own playabl…

Started by Cigar Box Nation

9 Mar 31, 2022
Reply by Wanhavihtahousu

Download These One-String Fiddle Plans from 1907

Since the beginning of Cigar Box Nation, we have provided free musical instrument plans to inspire your next build.  These plans for build…

1 Jan 21, 2022
Reply by evanmars

Headless Guitar Project - a $100 eBay kit & Gitty pickups

Ok, so it's not a cigar box guitar... but from time to time, I love getting a cheap guitar kit from eBay and putting my own spin on it. A…

6 Jan 20, 2022
Reply by Johnny Deck

2021 Throwback Holiday Build-Off Contest!

SCROLL DOWN FOR THE RULES, BUT FIRST, READ THIS VERY IMPORTANT REMINDER: and then do this... THE 2021 THROWBACK HOLIDAY BUILD-OFF! We…

77 Dec 31, 2021
Reply by A.D.EKER

120 Year Old Cigar Box Guitar - "The Horse's Bridle"

The following article is excerpted from the book, Making Poor Man's Guitars by Shane Speal.   Measuring in at 30" (76cm) long, 5" (12 3/4c…

0 Nov 17, 2021

Shane Speal's Wood Shop Diary: The Essence of the Blues

The story behind the "Damned if I do..." guitar by Shane Speal Last week, I stepped into my woodshop with the goal of capturing struggle,…

4 Oct 15, 2021
Reply by MadGomer

SHANE'S CHALLENGE: Let's Do Something Cool With Gus Cannon's First Banjo

The Guy on the Left is Gus Cannon.  Let's Do Something Cool With His History... Gus Cannon was one of the very first innovators in jug ba…

38 Oct 4, 2021
Reply by Tony Thomas MFA

Cigar Box Amp Mods

by Shane Speal I'm an electronics idiot.  There, I said it!  I suck when it comes to soldering and breadboards and all that crap.  I could…

14 Sep 17, 2021
Reply by RTZGUITARS

VIDEO: What's the Deal With Speal: The Brutal Baritone Cigar Box Guitar!

Get all the details on Shane's brutal 3-string baritone guitar.  Scroll down past the video to see more photos! Thanks to all who sent in…

3 Aug 13, 2021
Reply by Mark Bliss

Ben Gitty's Simple-Build 2x4 Instruments

After spending months developing the new 2x4 Lap Steel Kit, Ben "Gitty" Baker started to consider other uses for simple 2x4 planks and cam…

10 Jul 31, 2021
Reply by Glenn Kaiser

RSS

The Essential Pages

New to Cigar Box Nation? How to Play Cigar Box GuitarsFree Plans & How to Build Cigar Box GuitarsCigar Box Guitar Building Basics

Site Sponsor

Recommended Links & Resources

Forum

crossover guitar.

Started by Timothy Hunter in Other stuff - off topic, fun stuff, whatever. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Apr 10. 14 Replies

Tune up songs

Started by Ghostbuttons in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Timothy Hunter Mar 9. 5 Replies

Duel output jacks

Started by Justin Stanchfield in Building Secrets, Tips, Advice, Discussion. Last reply by Taffy Evans Mar 8. 6 Replies

How to Get Your Own Music on Spotify

Started by Cigar Box Nation in Feature Articles. Last reply by Southern Ray Feb 21. 2 Replies

Latest Activity

Bernie Edwards commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"The cherries make it really even more special!  Great project with a unique and special result!"
4 hours ago
Crazed Fandango replied to Rich Butters's discussion UK - Best Place to Buy Cigar Box's
5 hours ago
Crazed Fandango commented on David Woodman 's photo
Thumbnail

IMG_0749

"Amazing!"
5 hours ago
Crazed Fandango liked David Woodman 's photo
5 hours ago
Crazed Fandango posted a photo
5 hours ago
Rich Butters posted a discussion

UK - Best Place to Buy Cigar Box's

Hi all, I am living in Thailand and building CBGs for about a year.  I will be returning to the UK…See More
7 hours ago
Rob (Uker) Porras commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"Im assuming the wood is cherry?"
10 hours ago
Rob (Uker) Porras commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"Wow wee!!! That is gorgeous!! "
10 hours ago
A.D.EKER commented on A.D.EKER's video
Thumbnail

Up the Hill A D Eker 2024

"thanks kale !yup that shaker sure keeps the groove going , and this LACE is my fender in the CBG…"
14 hours ago
AGP # liked Ghostbuttons's photo
15 hours ago
AGP # commented on Randy S. Bretz's photo
Thumbnail

Off the Bench !

"A while in the making, But!, well worth the wait, another outstanding one off Randy Bretz Build,…"
15 hours ago
AGP # liked Randy S. Bretz's photo
15 hours ago

Events

Music

© 2024   Created by Ben "C. B. Gitty" Baker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

\uastyle>\ud/** Scrollup **/\ud.scrollup {\ud background: url("https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/963882636?profile=original") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;\ud bottom: 25px;\ud display: inline !important;\ud height: 40px;\ud opacity: 0.3 !important;\ud position: fixed;\ud right: 30px;\ud text-indent: -9999px;\ud width: 40px;\ud z-index: 999;\ud}\ud.scrollup:hover {\ud opacity:0.99!important;\ud}\ud \uascript type="text/javascript">\ud x$(document).ready(function(){\ud x$(window).scroll(function(){\ud if (x$(this).scrollTop() > 100) {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeIn();\ud } else {\ud x$('.scrollup').fadeOut();\ud }\ud });\ud x$('.scrollup').click(function(){\ud x$("html, body").animate({ scrollTop: 0 }, 600);\ud return false;\ud });\ud });\ud \ua!-- End Scroll Up -->